SARC’s Learning Skills Specialists provide free one-on-one consultations designed to help you develop the study skills necessary to meet the demands of college level learning. During these consultations, you will have the opportunity to assess your study skills, understand your individual learning style, and learn new strategies that will make you a more effective learner at the college level.
Areas of Support
- Develop a personalized study plan for academic success
- Learn more about your strengths and weaknesses
- Improve your note-taking skills to allow for better retention of information
- Develop time management & organizational skills
- Learn strategies to remember many facts and formulas
- Learn how to stay motivated and focused
- Develop better test taking strategies
- Learn strategies to reduce your test anxiety
- Become a more efficient reader and/or writer
- Learn how to advocate for yourself and seek helpful resources at UCF
Learning consultation appointments are available every semester starting the second week of classes until the last day of classes. Please note: no appointments are available during the first week of classes, final exams or breaks between semesters. Please plan ahead. Please schedule one, one-hour appointment at a time. If additional appointments are necessary, your learning specialist will discuss this with you.
To schedule a one-hour appointment with a Learning Skills Specialist, call our office. You will receive an email confirmation with additional instructions soon after.
Regional Campus Students
If you are unable to drive to the Orlando Campus you have the option to schedule an online learning consultation via Adobe Connect. When you call our office for an appointment, let us know you would like the online option instead of face-to-face. Please note that due to increased opportunity for rapport building and resource availability, we recommend face to face sessions when possible.
“No show” and Cancellation Policy
- If you are unable to keep your learning consultation appointment, please call our office during business hours to cancel or reschedule.
- We require at least 24 hours in advance for an appointment cancellation.
- Students who forget to cancel an appointment will be marked as “no show” in our records.
- Students who have a combination of two (2) or more late cancellations or “no shows” will be blocked from any future appointments for the remainder of the semester.
- Students who arrive to their appointment more than 10 minutes late may be asked to re-schedule their appointment.
Learning Skills Specialists
- Alexandria Turnbow
- Katie Wilhelm
- Lietsel Richardson
- Alanna Raffaelli