SARC is looking for diverse, enthusiastic, dedicated, and hardworking students who enjoy helping fellow UCF students succeed academically and who can contribute to our programs and services with their unique skills and abilities.
Outreach Graduate Assistant (GA) is a 20-hour per week position reporting to the Coordinator of Tutorial and Outreach Services at SARC. The GA will assist the Coordinator in the day-to- day operations of SARC Tutorial and Outreach Services at SARC. Please see position description for more information.
The application deadline for the positions listed above is Sunday, November 25th @ noon.
To apply, please complete the following steps:
- Complete SARC Graduate Assistant Application.
- Include 3 valid references within the Employee Application, including contact information
- Attach a professional resume
- Answer all questions completely and accurately within the employment application and submit by the deadline
Please see the job description posted at the top right of this page for more details. If you have any questions, please contact Patricia Hartley at Patricia.Hartley@ucf.edu.
SARC’s Academic Coaching and Engagement (ACE) Program offers a structured, collaborative approach to support the academic success of UCF students. Currently, SARC is hiring to fill two different roles for the Spring 2019 semester: Academic Coaches and ACE Office Assistant.
Academic Coaches will provide guidance and ongoing feedback as they facilitate coaching sessions with assigned students during the spring semester. The ACE program serves first year students placed on academic probation, but is also open to all undergraduate and graduate students seeking support. Academic Coaches will assist students with building college level academic strategies, time management skills, motivation, as well as adjustment and connection to the university.
The ACE Office Assistant will assist with scheduling Academic Coaching appointments, tracking completion of appointments, processing coaches’ student reports, calling students, as well as assist the ACE Coordinator with completing monthly reports.
There is one application for both positions. The application deadline for this position has been extended to Monday, October 29th by 5:00pm.
To apply for this position, please complete the following steps.
- Complete SARC’s ACE Academic Coach Employee Application.
- Include 2-3 valid references within the Employee Application including their contact information.
- Attach a professional resume.
- Answer all questions completely and accurately within the employment application and submit by the deadline.
Please see the job description posted at the top right of this page for more details. If you have any questions, please contact Brandy Espinosa at Brandy.Espinosa@ucf.edu.
SI Leaders are undergraduate students responsible for leading four, 50-minute study sessions per week for a designated course. Benefits to becoming an SI Leader include building leadership skills, networking with faculty, helping other students, and reviewing course material along with hourly compensation.
When applying, you must also have a UCF Professor fill out the following Academic Reference Form online. Please ask the faculty member to use the link here to complete this form. The reference form is a requirement for this position.
The deadline to apply for a Spring 2019 position is Monday, November 26th by noon. Please contact Kristen Fanfarelli at email@example.com with any questions. Please be sure to read our SI Leader Job Description and FAQ sheet.
Please click on the “SI Leaders” heading to go to the online application. Applications are complete once both the online application and Academic Reference Form are completed. Invitations for interviews for selected individuals will be requested via email.
Fall SI Leader training will take place on January 3rd and 4th, 2019. Applicants must be available on these dates to be considered for the semester of which they are applying. There is no scheduled make up training at this time.
The courses we are hiring for will be included in the application, but include several courses in Chemistry, Biology, Math, Engineering and Computer Science. See list below for reference.
Class List Spring 2019
- General Biology I (BSC 2010)
- General Biology II (BSC 2011)
- Genetics (PCB 3063)
- General Chemistry (CHM 1032)
- Fundamentals of Chemistry IA (CHM 2040)
- Fundamentals of Chemistry IB (CHM 2041)
- Fundamentals of Chemistry I (CHM 2045)
- Fundamentals of Chemistry II (CHM 2046)
- Organic Chemistry I (CHM 2210)
- Organic Chemistry II (CHM 2211)
- Biochemistry I (BCH 4053)
- Introduction to C Programming (COP 3502)
- Object Oriented Programming (COP 3330)
- Computer Science I (COP 3502)
- Introduction to Discrete Structures (COT 3100)
- Engineering Statics (EGN 3310)
- Engineering Dynamics (EGN 3321)
- Thermodynamics (EGN 3343)
- Electrical Networks (EEL 3004)
- Explorations in Mathematics (MGF 1107)
- Calculus I (MAC 2311)
- Calculus II (MAC 2312)
- Statistical Methods I (STA 2023)
- Physics Using Calculus I (Previously Physics for Engineers) (PHY 2048)
- Physics Using Calculus II (Previously Physics for Engineers) (PHY 2049)
- College Physics I (PHY 2053)
- College Physics II (PHY 2054)
- Human Anatomy (ZOO 3733)
- Human Physiology (PCB 3703)
- Immunology (PCB 3233)
- Microbiology (MCB 3020)
- Physical Science (PSC 1121)
SARC provides peer tutoring throughout the semester to undergraduate UCF students enrolled in the courses listed below. SARC Peer Tutors also conduct final review sessions during final exam week as part of Study Union Programming. Additionally, tutors become internationally certified through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA).
When applying, you must have a UCF Professor fill out the following Peer Tutor Faculty Reference Form. A copy of your MyKnightAudit (available through MyUCF) should be brought with you, if you are called for an interview. Review of applications will begin immediately. The application deadline for Spring is Friday, November 30 or until all positions have been filled. All Spring applicants must be able to attend an all-day mandatory training, Friday January 4th.
We are now hiring Peer Tutors for the following courses: BSC 2010 Biology I, CHM 2045 Chemistry Fund I, CHM 2046 Chemistry Fund II, CHM 2210 Organic Chemistry I, CHM 2211 Organic Chemistry II, COP 3223 Introduction to C Programming, COP 3502 Computer Science I, COP 3330 Object-Oriented Programming, COT 3100 Discrete Structures, ECO 2013, ECO 2023, ECO 3401, ECO 3411 Quantitative Business Tools, EEL 3004 Electrical Networks, EGM 3601 Solid Mechanics, EGN 3310 Engineering Analysis-Statistics, EGN 3321 Engineering Analysis-Dynamics, EGN 3343 Thermodynamics, PHY 2053 College Physics I, PHY 2054 College Physics II, PHY 2048 Physics for Engineers I, PHY 2049 Physics for Engineers II
Please note: Some courses are seasonal. A full list of courses is also available on the SARC Peer Tutor Application. Click on the "Peer Tutor" heading to access the application.